Where do I begin?
Questions to get started
- What is my timeline for the project? You will likely want to set personal deadlines in addition to your instructor’s deadlines.
- What do I want to know or learn about? This helps you determine scope or the limits of your research.
- What do I already know about this topic?
- What biases might I have about this topic? How might I combat these biases?
Questions to determine methodology
- Where might I find useful, reliable information about this topic? For academic research, you will generally focus on library, technical, scientific, and governmental resources.
- Will I need to perform primary research, secondary research, or both?