Modified Library Services
We know you are not able to browse our physical collection, but you can find out what we have in the collection by using the online catalogue OPAC. Once a physical copy is in our collection, faculty and students should do the following:
- Complete the Request Material form. Once your material is ready we will email you to arrange for pick up (or delivery depending on location)
- Picking up of material will be done by appointment only.
- Materials must be collected at designated areas only. You will be informed where to pick up prior to your visit.
- When coming to collect, you must wear a mask, maintain social distancing guidelines and follow all instructions of the library staff
The Mico University College Library lends Samsung tablets and laptops to registered library members for free! If you are in need of a device to access your classes or to complete your research or assignment, fill out the Borrow an Electronic Device form or email us at email@example.com to make your request.
For membership to The MUC Library, members of The Mico community should complete the ‘Become a Member” form on the library’s website. Our experienced and friendly staff will contact you to confirm your membership.
In response to the pandemic, all fines for overdue materials have been waived. If you require an extension for books in your possession, kindly complete the Patron Connect Form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When materials are being returned:
- Wearing of masks is required
- Place materials in the book box at the front of the library unless otherwise instructed
- If possible, return your books by mail/courier service
Our capable, willing and able library staff stand ready to assist you with all your research queries. Virtual reference services include:
- Online research consultations, one on one via Zoom. Complete the Research Appointment Request form
- Scan and Send – request book chapters, print journals and other documents to be sent to your email. The purpose of the Scan & Send service is to provide library users with a copy of the requested material for personal use. All copyright laws are observed. Request this service by completing the Request Material form
- Ask-A-Librarian Service – especially when in doubt while doing your research or any assignment. A librarian can help you to navigate your way – we’re happy to discuss options.
- Online Chat! Talk with a library staff during our Chat operated hours – 9:00 a.m – 3:00p.m. for online assistance
- Online access to e-resources: online journal articles, dissertations and eBooks
The library understands that not all our clients are equipped with the necessary electronic devices to fulfill their academic requirements. With you in mind, the library offers access to computers by appointment, Mondays to Fridays to facilitate your needs. Make an appointment by completing the Reserve A Computer Form.
While you are not able to connect with us physically, our library staff remains committed to ensure your teaching and learning needs are satisfied despite the distance. Connect with us through our Patron Connect service, medium that you can communicate all your library related queries and get answers. Special services are extended to faculties and students with disabilities. Click here to Connect!